WorthWild Adventure Training
Where to meet
We will meet you on site, at the cliff; just follow the easy trail from the car park to the top of the mountain and then walk left along the summit track to where you will see our WorthWild sign. Please allow time to walk the trail at your own pace. The average fit person will take 30 mins and others up to 60 mins to reach the top of the mountain. Enjoy the views along the way, and keep hydrated if it's a hot day*..
How to get there
Download the Ngungun Directions map
Need more adventure?
There are two options if you want more than just the standard session.
You can stay on for a second session or you can opt to abseil the 50 meter cliff.
Both of these options are at a reduced rate but are subject to availability unless booked prior. If you think you might want to opt for either of these then talk to me when you book.
* Please note: your session time slot is fixed. If you are late arriving at the session you may miss the safety brief or some of the instructions. Better be early, than late.
Glasshouse Mountains activity information sheet
To save time on the day.... Please print out your booking form and fill it in to bring with you Activity Booking Form
What to bring
Bring your booking form.... see above
We provide all activity equipment. You don’t need to wear any special clothing for abseiling or rockclimbing, just comfortable clothes that suit the weather on the day. Be sure to wear sturdy footwear – runners or hiking shoes are good. Also, bring plenty of drinking water, your camera, a hat, sunglasses and sun protection.
Please note: there are no toilet facilities on site. You may wish to take advantage of the public toilets in the township of Glasshouse before joining the tour.
Please understand that you will not be able to walk back and forth for food or water as it is a 30 minute walk between the car park and the cliff site. Therefore it is important that bring some snacks and you MUST bring water (minimum of 1 litre per person, twice that on a hot day).
Ensure you wear comfortable shoes for walking on the mountain on ‘rough’ tracks. DO NOT wear footwear that would be unsuitable for walking and climbing (e.g sandals, thongs etc).
Light rain or patchy weather is acceptable and does not mean that we will cancel your adventure, but ‘set-in’ rain, extreme heat or high winds may necessitate that we re-schedule. I will contact you if the activity is cancelled otherwise please just turn up at the scheduled time.
If something happens to stop you coming adventuring with us on the activity that you have booked, you can choose to transfer your booking to another date or activity. We accept transfers up to three full working days prior.
- Transfers within three full working days may result in a $25.00 per person re-booking fee
- A failure to attend without notice may forfeit your booking
- Necessary cancellations due to emergency or medical conditions will be rescheduled or refunded as the case may require
The fine print;
- All sessions are 2 hours on site - at the cliff - other tours may include the walking time in the session time; we don't.
- Why do we meet you at the cliff and not the car park? Because you can allow as much time as you think you need to walk up the trail and to arrive on time at your session start time, no pressure. The average fit person will take 30 mins to walk up and others up to 60 mins to reach the top of the mountain.
- The actual abseiling location on the mountain may vary due to weather and site conditions. The 50 meter abseil is particularly subject to weather conditions as the track can be very slippery after rain.
- The walk up and back is at your own risk. The trail is well defined and has just been upgraded but, please take due care as you walk along the track to and from the cliff site.